- About Us
- Advocacy Resources
- Where We Work
- Équilibres et Populations
- Health Promotion Tanzania
- International Planned Parenthood Federation
- Jhpiego India
- Jhpiego Kenya
- Johns Hopkins Center for Communication Programs
- Marie Stopes Bangladesh
- Partners in Population and Development, Africa Regional Office
- Pathfinder India
- Pathfinder International Nigeria
- Population Foundation of India
- Reproductive Health Uganda
- Réseau Siggil Jigéen
- Tulane International
- United Nations Association Tanzania
- Yayasan Cipta Cara Padu
- News & Events
- Contact Us
We catalyze advocacy into action.
In 2012 the global community committed to expanding family planning access to an additional 120 million women and girls by 2020, launching the Family Planning 2020 (FP2020) partnership.
AFP helps to achieve this goal by mobilizing political leaders, funders, researchers, service providers, religious leaders, and civil society. Collectively, we identify opportunities for change—and act on them.
AFP provides decisionmakers with evidence that family planning is a sound investment for individuals, communities, and a nation’s future and is a fundamental part of universal health care.
We focus our advocacy efforts on the discrete policy and funding decisions critical to advancing family planning in a given setting; once achieved, these incremental changes—termed “advocacy wins”—demonstrate progress and accelerate momentum toward long-term goals.